Please note that this is no longer being updated. Kindly visit the new Cookiebot support area (https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us) for updated guides, articles and FAQs. If you do not find the answer to your question there, you are welcome to post it in the Cookiebot community (https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us/community/topics).
By default, your users will be asked for their consent on each of your domains and sub domains since Cookiebot treats domains and sub domains separately. By enabling the Bulk Consent feature, however, your users will only be prompted for a consent the first time they visit any one of your websites (and again after 12 months when the consent needs to be renewed). Bulk consent is available in the premium subscription plan only.
Does the Bulk Consent work for all website users?
In order for the Bulk Consent to work properly, the following three conditions must be in place
1. The user allows third party cookies through his/her browser settings
2. The user has not activated “Do Not Track (DNT)” through his/her browser settings
3. The user accepts all cookies or as a minimum cookies of the type ‘preferences’ when the user gives his/her consent
Does the Bulk Consent result in any cookies being set?
How do I activate Bulk Consent?
1. Log in to your account: https://manage.cookiebot.com/goto/manage
2. Go to ‘Settings’ from the top menu (DA: Indstillinger, DE: Einstellungen, IT: Impostazioni, FR: Paramètres, ES: Ajustes)
3. From the drop-down menu just below the top menu, choose the domain group (DA: domænegruppe, DE: Domaingruppe, IT: Gruppo di dominio, FR: Groupe de domains, ES: Grupo de dominio) for which you wish to enable the Bulk Consent.
4. Click the tab ‘Domains’ (DA: Domæner, DE: Domains, IT: Domini, FR: Domaines, ES: Dominios).
5. At the bottom, click the tick-box named ‘Enable bulk consent for all domains’ (DA: Aktiver massesamtykke for alle domæner, DE: Massenzustimmung für alle Domains aktivieren, IT: Abilita il consenso di massa per tutti i domini, FR: Active le consentement en bloc pour tous les domains, ES: Habilita un consentimiento en masa a todos los dominios)
Please note that the Bulk Consent will then be in place for all the domains and sub domains listed in that particular domain group but it will not affect any domains/sub domains you may have listed in other domain groups on your account.
6. Save your settings by clicking the tick mark on the left-hand side in the blue bar.
How do I ensure that the users understand that they are giving their consent for multiple websites?
If you have enabled Bulk Consent as described above, the following text will automatically be inserted into the cookie consent banner, which the user will see when he/she is asked for consent: Your consent applies to the following domains: [domain 1], [domain 2], [domain 3], etc.
This information is visible to the user in the cookie consent banner under ‘Show details’ in the tab ‘About Cookies’. You can see an example of this in Cookiebot’s own cookie consent banner when you visit https://www.cookiebot.com for the first time (or in a private browser window/incognito mode).
If Bulk Consent is activated, does this mean that the user will see ALL cookies in use – from across all my websites – in the cookie consent banner and the Cookie Declaration on each of the websites?
Yes, the identified cookies and trackers from all the domains and sub domains which the Bulk Consent is valid for will automatically be pooled together in the Cookie Declaration as well as in the cookie consent banner.